Tattoo`s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tattoo`s

Does anyone have photos of soldiers with tattoo`s? I don`t think I have ever seen a German soldier with 1,but I know the Americans had plenty.

Originally posted by garyv View Post
    Does anyone have photos of soldiers with tattoo`s? I don`t think I have ever seen a German soldier with 1,but I know the Americans had plenty.
    Hi Gary,

I posed this same question a few years ago. Here's the thread:
    http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=213541

You'll see the one pic in my collection that shows a German soldier with a tattoo.

All the best,
    Jason

Comment

I was thinking about this again today and remember hearing that SS men had a tattoo under their arm.Is that true and if so what did it look like?

Comment

Yes this is true. The bloodtype of the person was tatoed under the arm.
        I've seen it by a few men.

Comment

Gary,

Your picture is curious.
          I've never seen cropped heads german troops....they remind me something like POWs, criminals or inmates...are we sure they are not some kind of KL prisoners, some sort of KL Wacht or a Penal Unit?
          I'm not that sure a tattooed guy would be enlisted into the German army at that time.

Intersting how one guy is holding a russian hat on his hand.

By the way, not all WSS were tattooed with the boold group, just some of them.

Comment

I have...but is British
            Attached Files

Comment

He's got the Hulks arms!

Comment

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
                Gary,

Your picture is curious.
                I've never seen cropped heads german troops....they remind me something like POWs, criminals or inmates...are we sure they are not some kind of KL prisoners, some sort of KL Wacht or a Penal Unit?
                I'm not that sure a tattooed guy would be enlisted into the German army at that time.

Intersting how one guy is holding a russian hat on his hand.
                Happiest bunch of inmates / KL prisoners / penal unit I've ever seen! How do you explain the dog-tag?

I've seen many photos of Germans with shaved heads. In this particular case, these men have come from the front-line, had their heads shaved (probably because of lice) and enjoyed a bath or sauna in the building behind them. I originally posted the photo because I've never seen another with a German soldier bearing a tattoo.

Jason

Comment

i dont have a photo,but in one from my SB is writen that the owner has a tatto on left arm.

Comment

The tattoo also has a russian hat on.These men are probably russian prisoners laughing at their new haircuts?I admit a little happy,but maybe a Hogan;s heroes atmosphere! lol.

Comment

Hello Jason,

Maybe they are some sort of Penal KL-Wacht formed by POW, Ukrainians POW later drafted into Schuma, Kapos or something like that, then a dog would be totally legit...the tattoos, the russian hat, shaved heads, the KL-likely barracks...they don't looks like german combat troops.
                      Sturmbrigade Dirlewanger, for example, was formed by many former convicts, criminals, former KL inmates, former Red Army soldiers...most of them were Russians.

It's just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by garyv View Post
                        Very interesting photo with period tattoo is actualy for sale on Ebay : click!

Comment

Originally posted by kuratorium View Post
                          Very interesting photo with period tattoo is actualy for sale on Ebay : click!
                          I originally posted the photo of the German soldier with a tattoo but everyone doubted it (even though I own the album and can see these same guys in proper combat uniforms), so the one on Ebay must also be a Penal KL-Wacht / criminals / inmates / Ukrainians POWs in German helmets.

Thanks for posting the link. Interesting pic.

Jason

Comment

Originally posted by jmark View Post
                            Happiest bunch of inmates / KL prisoners / penal unit I've ever seen! How do you explain the dog-tag?

I've seen many photos of Germans with shaved heads. In this particular case, these men have come from the front-line, had their heads shaved (probably because of lice) and enjoyed a bath or sauna in the building behind them. I originally posted the photo because I've never seen another with a German soldier bearing a tattoo.

Jason
                            I agree, not uncommon at all to see in pictures from the Ostfront, due to lice.
                            Attached Files

Comment

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Foto-tatowier...item3a7071e38b

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X